He’s witty. He’s dashing. And he’s oh-so-talented! Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together for the one and only Daniel Gillies! Not that we ever need a reason to celebrate The Originals actor but today, March 14, 2014, marks Daniel’s 38th birthday. So in our typical tradition, we’re ringing in his special occasion with 10 irresistible photos and reasons as to why he makes our hearts sing every time he appears on stage, on screen, and on the red carpet. Join the birthday fun below!
1. He can rock a suit — in any color — and all he needs to accessorize them with are handkerchiefs and charisma. Oh, you want some smoldering smizing on the side? Bam!
2. He can also rock a leather jacket like any television bad boy with a heart of gold. Obviously.
3. Daniel isn’t just an incredible actor, but he also directs, writes, and runs his own production company called Holy Monster. Watch the trailer for his beautifully raw film, Broken Kingdom, below.
5. He sings to his baby girl, Charlotte, every single night. We’re not making this up. He told us so himself when we visited The Originals set in October 2013!
7. But that shoulder shrug though…
8. He doesn’t just play a cultured, heart-ripping vampire on The Originals, but he also portrays a doctor on Saving Hope. He’s a true renaissance man, folks, and frankly we’re surprised he hasn’t been cast as Batman and/or James Bond yet!
9. He has a quick wit and a sharp tongue which makes his twitter account (@danieljgillies) a source of great entertainment.
10. Obviously no human is perfect; flaws are inherent part of our nature. However, we have a very hard time pinpointing any in Daniel Gillies. He’s the closest example of a pristine gentleman we’ll ever get. No bid deal, he woke up like this:
Happy Birthday, Daniel Gillies! May you enjoy many more — possibly as many as Elijah even, if immortality ever becomes a real-life thing! Got wishes of your own? Post them in the comments!