It’s a grim day in Hollywood: a talented young man, on the brink of what would have been an amazing career, was taken from the world much too soon. Glee star Cory Monteith was found dead in his Vancouver hotel room by staff after he missed his checkout time. There has been no confirmation from authorities on the cause of death but does it really matter? All we know is that we will never get to see that big boyish smile flash across our screens again.
True, Cory had been struggling with his own demons but he faced them straight on when he checked into rehab this past year and everyone who knew him loved him. He was kind, charismatic, and — judging by all the interviews posted of him — extremely funny and entertaining. In fact, many of the Vampire Diaries cast and crew were friends with him (Nina Dobrev danced with him during the Emmys opening in 2011 and Julie Plec worked with him on Kyle XY) and sent their condolences to his family during this grievous time.
- “I’m gutted. Shocked and saddened to hear the news, my heart goes out to Cory’s family and friends. Lets respect their space as they grieve.” – Nina Dobrev
- “Oh my god. Oh, no. There are no words. I’m so sorry. Heartbreaking.
#RipCoryMonteith” – Julie Plec
- “My thoughts and prayers go out to Cory’s family, fans and friends during this hard time… Rest in peace.” – Kat Graham
- “Its truly a sad day – an amazingly talented young man is gone.So sorry to the family ,friends & fans of Cory Monteith. Such a good man. Truly.” – Ian Somerhalder
- “Speechless. Sending strength and light to all of Cory’s friends and family. Respect their privacy. x” – Phoebe Tonkin
- “Rest in peace Cory Monteith. You will be missed.” – Steven R. McQueen
We here at VampireDiaries.com send our heartfelt condolences to Cory’s friends and family and to Glee‘s cast, crew and fans. R.I.P. Cory Monteith. We hope you find the inner peace and happiness you were searching for. You will be sorely missed.