People always say that things need to get worse before they get better, right? Well according to what executive producer Caroline Dries revealed at a recent Vampire Diaries screening, this does not apply to Damon and Elena’s romance. Despite their clear attraction to one another, the two on-again, off-again lovebirds are in relationship purgatory….and it’s going to be mega uncomfortable to watch.
In fact, Damon is so devastated over their breakup — as well as over all those Stefan and Elena’s happily-ever-after doppelvisions — he doesn’t even want to see his leading lady’s face. However, as hard as he tries, keeping his distance from the beautiful brunette will certainly prove to be a challenge. The magnetism between them is still strong. “Every time one of them is in the room with the other, it’s like they don’t have to say anything but their tension or chemistry exists,” Caroline hinted during the event. She then teased, “Let’s try to do a whole episode where Damon doesn’t look at Elena,” Caroline hinted during the event. Oh boy….
And Delena drama isn’t all that’s coming up on The Vampire Diaries Season 5. The talented EP dished out several spoilers about the finale and the last few episodes that sent us into a near tizzy. Check out a handful below, and be sure to head on over to The Hollywood Reporter for more quotes about the upcoming mayhem!
- According to Caroline, “this giant thing happens” in the finale that leads up to TVD Season 6. “Season six will be a lot of bringing people back together,” she commented, “and picking up the pieces.”
- At least three characters will die. One of them will be a permanent one as in no ghost cameos. (NOOOOO!!!!!! We’re crossing our fingers that Matt Donovan doesn’t bite the dust.)
- Liv…the Bad News Bearer? Apparently the blonde witch dashes Bonnie’s hopes of ever using witchcraft again.
- According to E! Online, Damon will have a shining moment.
- Vampire Barbie is a-crushing on someone! Klaus? Stefan? Enzo? While the showrunner didn’t reveal any names she did drop the following hint: “She’s got a little relationship/crush/feelings for someone that will creep up to the surface and that is going to cause potential rifts between her and and one of her friends. It’s a little under the surface, and moving into season six, we’re going to see her actually set her sights on someone and make the move.” Judging by the friendship “rift” comment, there are only two possible contenders: Jeremy or Stefan. And judging by the way Care Bear spooned with him in a junkyard, our money is on the latter.
- Get ready for some adorable Deremy moments. Although Damon and Enzo tried to kill him earlier this season, it seems as Jer Bear has gotten over it. Heck, that’s what happens when you live in Mystic Falls, you know? Some days you live, some days you almost get choked to death by bad boy vamps. Anyway, Damon is ready to assume his parental responsibilities again. Ian Somerhalder who was also in attendance at the special screening teased, “When Damon looks at Jeremy, it’s the source of so much annoyance by virtue of having to protect him. If he hurt him, he wasn’t going to get laid or breakfast in the morning, so there was that little-brother annoyance.”
- Expect more Tyler scenes. “[Michael Trevino] had a storyline at the beginning of the season where he was missing Caroline, and he had all this angst. We were like we need to channel that. He’s a good actor, finding a storyline like that where he can be a little bit more front and center and it’s not just based on a love storyline.”
- The Other Side is deteriorating, and while we’re worried about Bonnie’s fate (the Anchor survives only as long as the supernatural ghost world does), there’s one silver lining: we’ll get to reunite with some familiar faces. “It’s basically a storage facility for all of our friends,” Caroline joked. (#BringBackAlaricPlease.)
We can’t wait to watch the last few episodes as well as the TVD Season 5 finale. What do you think is going to happen? Will The Other Side be destroyed forever? Who do you think will die? Post your predictions in the comments!