We don’t know about you but during the Vampire Diaries‘ summer hiatus, we feel like poor Stefan Salvatore — as though some evil being plopped us into a steel box, chucked us into the ocean and now we’re struggling to survive beneath the murky waters of TVD-free weeks.
Thankfully though, the show’s executive producer Julie Plec is a fellow fan herself and understands how hard it is to be apart from Damon, Stefan, Elena, Bonnie, and all their wonderful friends. So what’s her perfect solution to curbing our cravings for all things Mystic Falls related? To dish out delicious spoilers about TVD Season 5, which she happily did at the 2013 ATX festival in Austin, Texas. And guess what? They certainly hit the spot!
Check out five spoilers (courtesy of Hollywood Life) about The Vampire Diaries Season 5 below:
- On TVD the College Years: “We always knew that Grams was a professor who taught the occults and that Aunt Jenna was off getting her master’s degree. So we set up Whitmore knowing that we’d be going to college in year five.”
- On Actually Attending Class: “Class is boring. We might see it once or twice.”
- On Katherine’s Ordeal as a Human: “We were just in the room the other day talking about the first time she catches a cold, just how freakin’ pissed she’s going to be about that.”
- On Damon and Elena’s relationship: Delena will start a “new relationship,” and “try to make it work.” However, things won’t be too easy for the new couple as there’s a “villain in their midst they don’t know is a villain at the beginning.”
- On Karoline versus Hayley: “Hayley is, by no means, the Cinderella in the Klaus love story. Hayley is a girl who’s pretty tough, fiery, independent … a survivor in her own right who got drunk, had sex and got knocked up. She’s going to have her own journey. She’s not really meant to be a threat to Klaus’ love life.”
- On Silas & Stefan’s Connection: “[It’s] a pretty cool mythology that will carry on in terms of Silas, and the mystery of his past — 1,000 or 2,000 years ago.”
- On Explaining Jeremy’s Surprise Return: “What the hell cover story is that going to be? How’s he going to explain that? He had a memorial service! There were flyers!”
Which Vampire Diaries storyline and/or mystery are you eager to revisit in Season 5?