The Originals Masquerade Ball Episode Draws Viewers, Scores Highest Ratings Yet

Rebekah and Klaus arrive at The Originals masquerade ball in Season 1, Episode 3.What were the ratings for The Originals Season 1, Episode 3? Let’s just say there were lots of party crashers at Marcel’s masquerade ball who managed to escape detection! Check out the official press release below to find out exactly how The Vampire Diaries spin-off and Supernatural scared up the CW’s best Tuesday night in four years!

October 16, 2013 (Burbank, CA) – THE ORIGINALS and SUPERNATURAL combined last night to give The CW its most-watched (2.27 million viewers, since 9/8/09) and highest-rated Tuesday night in adults 18-49 in more than four years (1.1/3, since 9/15/09), and its highest-rated Tuesday in both adults 18-34 (1.1/3) and women 18-34 (1.4/4) in more than two years (9/27/11), according to national Live Plus Same Day Nielsen ratings for Tuesday, October 15, 2013.

Last night’s third episode of THE ORIGINALS hit series highs in adults 18-49 (1.1/3), adults 18-34 (1.1/3), women 18-34 (1.5/5), and women 18-49 (1.4/4), and matched its series premiere numbers in total viewers (2.2M).

Versus last week’s episode, THE ORIGINALS was up 14% in total viewers, up 22% in adults 18-34, up 36% in women 18-34, up 22% in adults 18-49 and up 17% in women 18-49.

SUPERNATURAL had its best women 18-34 (1.4/4) rating in three years (since 11/5/10), and matched last week’s premiere number in adults 18-34 (1.0/3).

Versus its second episode last season, SUPERNATURAL was up 40% in women 18-34 and up 10% in adults 18-49.

Compared to this same Tuesday night last season, The CW was up 48% year to year in total viewers, up 67% in adults 18-34, up 56% in women 18-34 and up 83% in adults 18-49.

Week to week, The CW’s Tuesday night was up 11% in adults 18-34, up 17% in women 18-34, up 10% in adults 18-49, and up 1% in total viewers.

Last week, in Live +3 Day delayed viewing, the second episode of THE ORIGINALS saw a 35% increase in total viewers versus Live +Same Day viewing (2.59M vs. 1.92M), a big 48% bump in adults 18-34 (1.22 vs 0.83), a 57% gain in women 18-34 (1.74 vs 1.11), and a 43% increase in adults 18-49 (1.28 vs 0.9).

SUPERNATURAL, which in its L+SD ratings was the most watched and highest-rated season premiere for the show in three years, saw an additional 27% boost in total viewers (3.29M vs 2.59M), a 34% jump in adults 18-34 (1.39 vs 1.04), a 30% increase in adults 18-49 (1.56 vs 1.2) and a 35% gain in women 18-34 (1.67 vs 1.24).

What did you think about The Originals‘ third episode? Did “Tangled Up in Blue” exceed your expectations? Do tell, loves!

COMMENTS

  1. Ann Said:

    ‘The Originals’ is now my favorite show,I don’t like the fact that Davina has so much control over a lot. She is a pawn in Marcel’s world but she don’t know it. I felt bad for Thierry and Katie that was wrong. As far as the show goes, I love it, Julie and her writers are absolutely amazing with an imagination unstoppable. Go Julie, and thank you so much to the Cast ‘The Originals’ Joseph Morgan, Daniel Gillies, Clare Holt, Phoebe Tonkin, Danella Pineda, and Leah Pipes you are all loved.

Leave a Reply

*

*

Characters Remaining


Top